8 April 2020
Between Paris and Los Angeles, Raquel Allegra broadcasts a joyful and retro fashion wave, often tinged with tie and dye and rock influences. It’s in Los Angeles that La Grande Boutique conducted an exclusive interview with one of its designers, between two fittings. During the discussion, we asked her about her favorite places, her inspiration, and her famous tie and dye… we wanted to share her answers with you. All punctuated by a selfie, taken by Raquel Allegra herself!
Definitely a lucky sequence. Emergent.
For me, tie and dye is proof of the singularité of the human contribution to that specific garment
Sitting and being quiet. The absence of looking for inspiration is where inspiration comes from
I appreciate that it’s a fairly casual town, and I’m a casual person. I create for my environment because I’m a product of my environment
I like to express my individuality through my clothing. I understand my singular contribution as a person to the world and I express that through the way I put myself together. My uniform is comfort.
The Boy tee.
With tie and dye pants !
Being responsible for the livelihood of a team of people that I love.
– Notice that I am awake.
– With eyes still closed, check in with my body and stretch.
– When I am ready to open my eyes, I do!
– I put the kettle on for tea.
– I sit with my tea and my journal and write whatever comes to mind. it may be short, it may be longer. it might just be a list of movies I watched last night or how I am feeling today. I note the time, day of the week, and date so I can look back to it if ever I want to.
– I do a few minutes of standing stretches.
– I take a long walk.
– I take time to breathe deeply, with a smile on my face.
– I notice nature, big and small.
Because I live pretty close to real-time my dreams tend to be more short term rather than long term. But moments that I look forward to creating in my future are very simple; they have to do with nature, and people I love
Gjelina ! (1427 Abbot Kinney Blvd, à Venice.)
Hidden Treasures, in Los Angeles. (154 S Topanga Canyon Blvd à Topanga.)
I’m staying at Pavillon de la Reine, 28 Place des Vosges Paris 3e.
Le Marais ! I do love Rose Bakery.
My favorite band of all time is Les Beatles, and my favorite song of all time is “Expecting to Fly” from Buffalo Springlfield.
Yes! I love a blood orange but I don’t do any discrimination, I love all the colors from the rainbow.